Jody Varner joined the Brunini Firm in 1990. He concentrates his practice in federal income and transfer tax issues, including transactional tax planning, estate and gift taxation and entity formation. Jody also has experience in mergers and acquisitions and private placements of equity and debt securities. He has been involved in tax planning for corporate acquisitions, including tax-free reorganizations, mergers, and purchases of stock and assets. Jody has assisted clients in planning for both large and small estates and in developing methods effectively to transfer family businesses and investments from one generation to the next. He has experience in structuring and management issues involving trusts, family limited partnerships, limited liability companies and closely held corporations. Jody has also assisted clients in charitable giving and asset preservation issues.
Jody has been recognized by Best Lawyers® in America in the field of Trusts and Estates.
- Bachelor of Accountancy, University of Mississippi, 1985
- Master of Accountancy, University of Mississippi, 1986
- J.D., University of Mississippi, 1988
- LL.M. in Taxation, New York University, 1990
Community and Professional Activities
- Capital Area Bar Association
- Mississippi Bar Association (Member and Past Chairman, Sections on Taxation and Member, Estates and Trusts)
- The American Bar Association (Member, Taxation Section)
- Jackson Tax Forum (Past President)
- Mississippi Tax Institute (Past Chairman)
- University of Mississippi Alumni Board
- The Country Club of Jackson (Past President)
- Jackson Academy Board of Trustees (Past President)