Nonprofit Rapid Response Mini-Grant
This grant program is a reimbursement program for 501c3 nonprofits residing in the Jackson area who have been directly affected by the Jackson Water Crisis. Grants will reimburse expenses related to the water crisis, which began July 29, 2022, for increased demand for or increased supply of drinkable water. Expenses should be unplanned, un-budgeted expenses (related to water needs) related to charitable service by nonprofits from July 29 – September 15, 2022. Reimbursements may range from $200-$2,000.
The deadline to apply is Wednesday, October 12, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. Awards will be announced in early November.
A frequently asked questions page has been created to help ease the process. Please refer to this page to help assist you as your complete your application.
For technical assistance, contact Melody Moody Thortis, Director of Strategic Impact, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligible organizations and expenses:
• All eligible nonprofits must be based in the City of Jackson or served by the Jackson municipal water system, including Byram, who were affected by the boil water notice and subsequent system failure.
• Reimbursements must replace past expenditures and past expenses should NOT have been paid by another grant source
• Grant awards should be targeted to needs expended related to the Jackson water crisis.
Applicants will be asked about their additional needs and solutions related to the water crisis however, this round of funding is only related to water and ice-specific needs. Eligible reimbursements include documented ice and water expenses. For additional questions and clarifications, please view our frequently asked questions page.
This grant will:
- Require documentation of payment. This will include itemized receipts to cover expenditures made from July 29 – September 15, 2022.
This Grant will NOT:
- Cover expenditures that you have already been reimbursed for (from this funding or others)
- Reimburse for donations or mini-grants provided to other organizations
- Reimburse purchases in excess of reasonable in quantity, quality, or outside of eligible expenses.
For additional questions, please refer to our frequently asked questions page.