Leave A Legacy
We work with donors to plan charitable giving that will last throughout their lifetime and beyond. Guided by your vision and philanthropic goals, we can help you develop a planned giving solution that meets your specific charitable and financial needs.
With a simple gift that costs nothing now, you can make a lasting impact that supports sustainability for the community, nonprofit, or faith-based institution you are most passionate about. The Community Foundation for Mississippi’s Legacy Circle provides an opportunity for you to join a group of generous, forward-thinking, caring Mississippians who are making an indelible mark on the future of the state.
Who can join the Community Foundation’s Legacy Circle?
Anyone with a thoughtful intention to make a difference in their community forever! Planned giving does not require a large income or vast estate. It can be a percentage of an insurance policy, stock, real estate, and is just as simple as leaving the Community Foundation for Mississippi in your will as a beneficiary. You can designate how your gift helps transform the community by directing your gift to specific nonprofit organizations or faith-based institutions, or by supporting a broader cause like the arts, education, or community beautification.
What are the benefits of joining the Community Foundation’s Legacy Circle?
- You join a group of generous donors who have committed to support designated charitable causes and nonprofits
- You are recognized in the Foundation’s publications, website, and annual reports
- Receiving invitations to special events
- You support your community and the causes you care about forever! Being honored during your lifetime and building a legacy that will be remembered for decades to come
When should I include a planned gift in my estate?
You can include a planned gift any time you are drafting or changing your will or estate plan. Your professional advisor can provide guidance related to your specific estate, beneficiaries, income goals, taxes, and other considerations.
It’s easy to become a Legacy Circle Member. Here’s how:
- DECIDE what charitable causes are the most important to you and how you would like to support them forever.
- INCLUDE a gift to the Community Foundation in your estate planning and designate the desired purpose of your bequest.
- NOTIFY CFM of your intent and share your wishes of how you want your legacy preserved.
- JOIN by filling out a Legacy Society letter of intent, which does not legally obligate you.
To learn more about planned giving, contact Theresa Erickson at (601) 974-6044.