Support Mississippi Communities through a gift to the 2020 Annual Giving Campaign.
How our world has changed in 2020! We are living in real-time through a global pandemic. Our citizens face economic hardships and hunger to a degree not seen in almost nine decades, with many children not having enough to eat. Hurricanes and flooding have put pressure on already-stressed communities. Our nonprofits are overwhelmed and apprehensive about what the future brings.
One thing that hasn’t changed is your Community Foundation for Mississippi — stable, enduring, and constant, pointed toward a horizon of shared aspirations –a lighthouse guiding others through turbulent seas.
Now more than ever, we need you. Because now more than ever, Mississippi needs us. Since March 2020:
- Our pandemic giving fund, The Mississippi Community Disaster Relief and Recovery Fund, gained the endorsement of the business, philanthropic, and state leadership as a trusted place to both collect and disburse charitable gifts. In just four months, more than $420,000 has been given to provide critically needed food and services across the entire state.
- We, along with the other 6 community foundations, were allocated by the Mississippi Legislature on July 31, $8 million in CARES Act money, to be granted by us to nonprofits and food pantries affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Our share? More than $2 million. The timeframe? 3 months.
- Our partnerships with funders like the W.K. Kellogg Foundation have continued, so starting right now, and for the next three years, we have initiatives to support education — statewide literacy, grade-level reading, teacher excellence, and strong public schools. And that’s just one example.
We need your help. Between now and the end of our year, we’ve got a $100,000 goal to reach, and your gift can get us there. Your gift means we can continue these comprehensive, coordinated approaches that make the most out of every dollar and giving opportunity.
- Please support us with a gift to the For Mississippi campaign, annual support that keeps us a steadfast community partner connecting donors with needs.
- Safeguard our future with a gift to the Forever Mississippi Endowment* and ensure your vibrant Community Foundation can meet whatever challenges and opportunities lie ahead.
Thank you for being for Mississippi, for good. Forever.
Jane C. Alexander
President and CEO
*Gifts to our endowment fund may qualify for Endow Mississippi state income tax credits. Interested? Visit our website, and then let’s talk.